Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Where I've Been



Mr. S had a conference in Monterey that started early Sunday morning. We drove down Saturday. It was mostly gloomy for the first half of the week. I did spend plenty of time on the beach, reading.

I've plowed through a magazine and book and a half. The magazine was Garden & Gun the "soul of the south" they like to say. I think they are pretty close to capturing it. The pages are beautifully designed and the stories have been greatly crafted. The books are from author Dai Sijie. I've finished Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress (which apparently is now also a movie) and Once on a Moonless Night. I highly recommend both. I'm about halfway through Mr Muo's Travelling Couch which I'm also quite enjoying.

Tomorrow, to make up for my Monday absence, I'll post pictures from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Trust me, they are worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment