Thursday, January 5, 2012

What to do with Clementines

There they are. Just sitting there on my table. I've been eating as many as I can, but they still remain (I really think they may be repopulating at night).  To the kitchen!

First up, cookies. Because I saw this recipe on The Kitchn and had to try it. 

Chinese 5 Spice Cookies with Candied Oranges. How intimidating. Candied oranges?? Oh dear.

They look pretty awful, don't they. What I'll do next time: Cut the orange slices just a bit thicker. They meant 1/4 inch.

However, the cookies themselves looked pretty darn good.

You'll notice that they are on parchment paper. This is important. Do not think that just because they are a buttery shortbread that they will pop off a non-parchment-covered tray. Do NOT. Because if you do....


You will get cookie crumbs. Mind you, these would make a lovely filling for a trifle...

No comments:

Post a Comment