Friday, January 6, 2012

Craftiness!

One of my new year's resolutions was to buckle down and make a serious go of crafting. Instead of just one-and-done (which I'm toooootally good at), I'm going to try to make multiples and *gulp* put them on Etsy. 

Now I just have to figure out what I like making multiples of... so let's start with a new craft! Flower making!
(this does not bode well)

I used Ez's tutorial over at Creature Comforts. It's a really good one. 

But there's one important thing that I learned only after setting fire to at least 5 petals: You want the column of heat that come from the top of the candle. Do not try to push the petal edge into the side of the flame. Wave the petal edge over the top of the flame and wait until it shrivels. There's your heat column. 

Here's the set up - square of polyester, cut the corners off, shrivel edges. Done!
They look really pretty stacked - now I just have to figure out what to put in the middle.

I'm thinking I want to turn the tiny ones into post earrings (cause I only wear posts, and cute ones are harder to find). Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment