The world of blogs is big and hazy. There are so many blogs and bloggers out there - and so many are actually quite good!
We are all seeking pretty much the same things: fun, validation, and creating a better version of ourselves.
I think cooking is fun.
I practically jump up and down every time someone makes a comment on my blog (in my best Sally Field impression: "You like me, you really like me!")
You people have no idea how many times I'm halfway through a recipe and practically have a meltdown in the kitchen. Tears, frustration, grandiose statements about the world ending.... you get the idea. But when I write the post later, I don't include half that stuff.
Angelina of Whisks & Ruffles nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award, and there are just a few rules about what you have to do to earn it.
(It totally doesn't exist as a true award, it's more of a community award - but that's not going to stop me from accepting it. Hah.)
To receive this award, the blogger must share the following with their readers:
- Thank the person who honored them with this award and post their links;
- Nominate 15 other blogs for this honor; and
- Tell readers seven things about themselves.
1. Thank you Angelina! We were friends in high school (Jeez that was a long time ago!) and by some stroke of luck we became FB friends. Now, apparently, we're nearly the same person. :)
2 . I definitely read at least 15 blogs. Which, by posting them here, I expect all of you to visit and confirm that, yes, they are totally awesome and have changed your lives.
- Posie Gets Cozy
- Greedy for Color
- Creature Comforts
- Maggie Makes
- Crepes of Wrath
- My New Roots
- Foodie Crush
- Kevin & Amanda
- Margaret & Helen
- Picking the Fig
- The Kitchy Kitchen
- Toasty Biscuit
- And, finally, to destroy every idea that I'm always sweet and kind....The Bloggess
3. As for 7 things about me:
- I watch way too many design shows on TV. There's one on now. This does not mean that my house looks put together at all.... Genevieve Gorder - please save me.
- I want to live in a foreign country some day. I don't care which one. Really.
- When I am lacking in inspiration, I go to the grocery store and just wander. I typically fall in love with one ingredient and then build a dish around it.
- I can never have enough kitchen gadgets. I just bought a 42 cm paella pan. To hang on my wall.
- My Grandma Sally is my hero. She's the most amazing woman, and raised an incredible family. My mom reminds me of her a lot. She's pretty awesome too.
- I'm passionate about my faith. But I'd much rather show it through actions than talk about it.
- I hate snakes. But since Indiana Jones does too, I feel completely justified.
Back to the fun food on Wednesday - promise!