Monday, October 8, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award? Don't mind if I do.


The world of blogs is big and hazy. There are so many blogs and bloggers out there - and so many are actually quite good!

We are all seeking pretty much the same things: fun, validation, and creating a better version of ourselves. 

I think cooking is fun. 

I practically jump up and down every time someone makes a comment on my blog (in my best Sally Field impression: "You like me, you really like me!")

You people have no idea how many times I'm halfway through a recipe and practically have a meltdown in the kitchen. Tears, frustration, grandiose statements about the world ending.... you get the idea. But when I write the post later, I don't include half that stuff. 


Angelina of Whisks & Ruffles nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award, and there are just a few rules about what you have to do to earn it. 

(It totally doesn't exist as a true award, it's more of a community award - but that's not going to stop me from accepting it. Hah.)

To receive this award, the blogger must share the following with their readers:
  1. Thank the person who honored them with this award and post their links;
  2. Nominate 15 other blogs for this honor; and
  3. Tell readers seven things about themselves.

1. Thank you Angelina! We were friends in high school (Jeez that was a long time ago!) and by some stroke of luck we became FB friends. Now, apparently, we're nearly the same person. :)

2 . I definitely read at least 15 blogs. Which, by posting them here, I expect all of you to visit and confirm that, yes, they are totally awesome and have changed your lives. 
  1.  Posie Gets Cozy
  2. Greedy for Color
  3. Creature Comforts
  4. Maggie Makes
  5. Crepes of Wrath
  6. My New Roots
  7. Foodie Crush
  8. Farmette
  9. Kevin & Amanda
  10. Margaret & Helen
  11. Picking the Fig
  12. The Kitchy Kitchen
  13. Toasty Biscuit
  14. Epbot
  15. And, finally, to destroy every idea that I'm always sweet and kind....The Bloggess

3. As for 7 things about me:
  1. I watch way too many design shows on TV. There's one on now. This does not mean that my house looks put together at all.... Genevieve Gorder - please save me.
  2. I want to live in a foreign country some day. I don't care which one. Really.
  3. When I am lacking in inspiration, I go to the grocery store and just wander. I typically fall in love with one ingredient and then build a dish around it. 
  4. I can never have enough kitchen gadgets. I just bought a 42 cm paella pan. To hang on my wall.
  5. My Grandma Sally is my hero. She's the most amazing woman, and raised an incredible family. My mom reminds me of her a lot. She's pretty awesome too.
  6. I'm passionate about my faith. But I'd much rather show it through actions than talk about it. 
  7. I hate snakes. But since Indiana Jones does too, I feel completely justified. 


Back to the fun food on Wednesday - promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment