Monday, February 27, 2012

A Simple Supper

This past week I was sick. Really sick. There was no cooking going on.

But that didn't mean I wasn't dreaming of what I wanted to make....

Roast chicken


I made one awhile back.

It started like this:


Apples and carrots, salt and pepper, then a lemon and onion inside.

The recipe is really simple. Put it in a cast iron skillet and roast it. For awhile. Until the bird reaches the temperature it needs to. I add apples, cause I like them. They get all caramelized and sweet.

I suppose if you need a real recipe you can talk to Martha.

The end result was this.


I don't have a pretty plated photo cause I didn't plate it. I picked it and used the chicken for other things (like pot pie). But now... oooohh. I want chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment