Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Rut


Mr. S has been on a lot of business trips recently, including one that stretched from Thursday to Wednesday (yes, over the weekend).

And there are a lot more coming.

We're just in that season of life right now. Me working part-time and taking care of The Bean 24/7.

And let me tell you, I am in a Rut the size of Texas. 

It's not that I'm not cooking. I am. Sorta. A girl's still gotta eat. But what I'm not doing is spending hours making, photographing, and writing.

When the end of the day comes, after The Bean is finally asleep (7:45), bottles are washed and filled for the next day (8:00), and I've had a chance to talk with Mr. S, there's not much energy left. Thus, a dinosaur bowl full of tortellini with pesto. There's a bowl of roasted broccoli too, it just didn't make the photo.




So we continue on, with this little corner of the internet getting as dusty as the knickknacks on my book shelf. 

There is something I made recently that I want to tell you about - a cross between a quiche and chicken and dumplings. It's delicious, even several days later, reheated in the microwave. 

But I'll get to that later. For now? Rest. 

Cause tomorrow I do it all over again. Me and The Bean. And I wouldn't have it any other way.



No comments:

Post a Comment