Monday, June 11, 2012

Sloppy José


I miss slap bracelets. I miss neon socks. 

I do NOT miss homework.

Another thing I miss? Sloppy joes. We didn't eat them at home very often (ahem, never), so when they showed up on the cafeteria menu I was always elated.

Then I became a grown-up. And I too forgot about the sloppy joe goodness.... UNTIL NOW!!!

And I gourmet-afied them by changing the meat to chorizo, adding an egg and some herbage. So they are legit adult food. Boo-ya!

Start with onions, garlic, and a bit of serrano or jalapeno pepper.


Add a chub of chorizo.


Crack in some eggs and fry them up. 


Toast up your bread...


 Assemble El Sloppy Jose: Toast, chorizo, egg, grated cheddar cheese, chopped cilantro and toast. 

 Dine in elegant style! 


Now, where's my pink scrunchie?


Sloppy José
Serves 2

1/4 of an onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, diced
1 inch of a serrano pepper, diced (or less, or use a jalapeno for less spice)
1 chub beef chorizo
4 slices of bread
1/2 c. grated cheddar or other cheese
chopped cilantro for garnish

Saute the onion, garlic, and serrano in a little olive oil for a few minutes. Throw in the chorizo and brown it up. Once the chorizo is cooked, crack in the two eggs. 

Toast up your bread. Create the Sloppy José!

Bread - chorizo - egg - cheese - cilantro - bread.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment