Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Update from South Jersey









I found my new favorite house. It happens to belong to a lovely woman named Helen who was born and raised there. She was introduced to me by my Mother-In-Law (Helen's her cousin), and then we managed to get ourselves invited over after lunch. I hear tell that there's a spiral staircase somewhere in the house. Perhaps I'll get myself invited back over to find it. 



Helen was thrilled that I was interested in her old family recipes. She let me photograph some. The ones she thought were oldest. I'll be making them soon, and I'll let you all know how they turn out. For now, I give you Delaware Cry Babies and Butter Balls. I'm going to hold on to the Boiled Cookies one for a bit. I want to bake them first and be sure it's not a joke.

Make at your own peril...







No comments:

Post a Comment